10/7/20

Coronavirus Pandemic Inspired Photography Projects

 

The
Pandemic Inspired 
Photography Projects
Finding Light In the Darkness 

(Ghost Ship)          

March 2020 ~ June, 2023         
                                         
Introduction
The collection of 19 projects presented below with hyperlinked titles was begun in March, 2020 when signs on the highway from Canandaigua, NY to Rochester began flashing "STAY HOME !" because of the Coronavirus Pandemic.  The latest and probably the last project in the Pandemic series was completed in March, 2022 as daily hospitalizations have become less and less each day, states have removed most mask wearing mandates, people are going to concerts, employments are going up . . .  and when Putin's war machine is savagely invading and demolishing Ukraine's major cities, killing innocent civilians including women and children.  Putin has threatened the use of nuclear weapons against those who try to defend Ukraine.  He has already attacked Europe's largest nuclear power plant which is located in Ukraine.  


In addition to the usual introductory material I have written for all my other blog projects, I have often included a "News Report" regarding rapidly changing Pandemic statistics and the continual onslaught of devious political information and practices that lurked behind Trump (and his Administration's) handling of Pandemic, including outright documented lying and the public display via media of misinformation and other forms of propaganda that was used to manipulate the tragic situation politically.

After I completed the project The Splendor of That Auspicious Interior Light December 10, 2021, I decided in January, 2022 to make some inkjet prints of a selection of images from the published Pandemic Photography Projects that visually summarize the entire series of projects.  I then posted those images, with a text that attempts to summarize the ideas and my feelings regarding the Pandemic series of projects completed over the past two years.  Because of problems I experienced with my old Epson printer, and problems with my eyes, requiring five surgeries within four months, I have for various reasons had to revise the project The Pandemic Inkjet Prints  multiple times: first published in March 12, 2022 then revised in May 2023 & June, 2023.  

See my project My Eyes, My Printers, & The New Inkjet Prints of 2023. 

Several other projects have unfolded since I thought I had finished with the Pandemic Series and they are listed here below as well.   

Steven Foster
 

   Prelude to the Pandemic Project

     -------------------------------------------------
     STAY HOME  Published May 5, 2020  Pandemic Project I
     Returning Home Published August 2, 2020 Pandemic Project II
     The Bird, The Angel of Tears . . . the Rain of Grace  Sept 9, 2020  Pandemic Project III
     A Walk In Twilight Garden On A September's Eve  Oct. 7, 2020Pandemic Project IV
     The Conference of the Birds & Their Flight To Union  Nov. 2, 2020Pandemic Project V
      Snow Photographs : In Praise of Christmas Spirits  Jan. 5, 2021   Project VII    
      Forgotten Wisdom  February 2, 2021  Pandemic Project VIII   
        The Great Wonder In Simple Things  March 1, 2021  Pandemic Project IX

Related Projects that I feel should be included as "Pandemic inspired" projects:

The Secret Cave  July 3, 2021
The Light of Memory  August, 2021
The Letter (Morandi wrote to Thelonious Monk)  September, 2021
Nocturne Homage to Frederyk Chopin & his 21 Nocturnes   July, 2022

-------------------------------------------------
  
The Pandemic Inkjet Prints  March 2022 / revised Ma7 & June, 2023



*          *          *


Welcome Page to The Departing Landscape website-blog which includes the complete hyperlinked listing of my online photography projects from most recent to those dating back to the 1960's.  Here you will also find my resume, contact information . . .  and much more.