9/11/26

How I make Inkjet Print Copies of My Silver Gelatin Prints


                 How I make Inkjet Print Copies of My Silver Gelatin Prints

 
      Inkjet print  15x15" -- a copy of a 10x10" silver gelatin print entitled      
"A Flowering Bush on a foggy day in a Milwaukee County Park" 
from my 1983-84 project Images of Eden.  

I made the 10x10" silver gelatin print of the image above with a 2 1/4 black&white negative.
Because I stopped making silver prints and negatives in 2003, I made a digital copy of the 
negative with a digital scanner (designed for negatives) and created a digital file formatted 
appropriately for making the 15x15" inkjet copy print; then I copied that digital copy file 
of the negative and reduced the image size of the file and formatted it 
appropriately for publishing the image on this blog page.

 There are several ways of making high quality digital copy files of silver gelatin prints,
 or photo images in other media.  Many galleries sell digital copy prints which they 
sometimes refer to as "fine art reproductions" or Giclée Prints.

Most recently I have been making my digital copy files of gelatin silver prints 
with a high quality digital camera.    

Another option is to give the negative or the silver gelatin print to a professional digital
services business.  They have high quality scanners to copy negatives and prints. For 
an additional fee they could also make the inkjet copy prints for you from the files.

The wonderful thing about the digital process is that after the digital copy files are made 
they can be adjusted with digital editing software (like Adobe Photoshop) to
make any improvements to the silver image that I felt are necessary.

I have been able to make very high quality inkjet copy prints of my original silver gelatin 
images that, in many cases, are more articulate and preferable to me than
the actual vintage silver gelatin prints I made many years ago . . . with
the added benefit of the archival papers and inks I chose to use
for  making the inkjet copy prints.

. . . . . . 


This project was published on my blog's
Welcome Page on September 11, 2026
especially for the Epilogue to my
mini Inkjet Print project:


 Here is the list of the Eight 2026 mini Inkjet Print Thematic projects published so far:
"It Is Always ONE"  June 5, 2026
"Seeing Things"  June 19, 2026 =
"Six Thing-Centered Photographs" with An Exercise in Reading Image Juxtapositions  August 11, 2026

Related Blog Projects:


Welcome Page  to The Departing Landscape blog-website which includes the complete hyperlinked listing of my online photography blog projects dating back to the 1960's, my resume, contact information, Introductory texts, and more.