2/1/24

The Larger Inkjet Prints (made in 2023 - 2024)

The LARGER Inkjet Prints
2023-24

Introduction
The impulse to make inkjet prints after many years of creating only published blog projects was I believe initiated by the three years of isolation due to the pandemic and the feeling that the retrospective exhibition & publication I was publicly promised in late October, 2019 by the Museum of Wisconsin Art would be placed "on hold" perhaps indefinitely . . .  

See my blog project Snapshots for the detailed story

The series of 18 pandemic inspired blog photography projects I created between the winter of 2020 and the fall of 2022 culminated in a decision (in September 2022) to make a collection of inkjet prints of what were for me the essential images that came out pandemic experience.  See my Pandemic Inkjet Prints project.  Making prints again, physical tangible images which embodied all that I was feeling at that time, was the best way I could think of coming to some kind of terms with all that time I had felt so out of touch and discontent with all that was happening in world at that time.  ~  Trump's unimaginable presidency certainly added another level of anxiety to my Pandemic experience.  ~  And then the fact that I could not get Epson inks for my old Epson 7600 printer, and the fact that the printer died on me just as I was getting prepared to begin making the Pandemic prints added to the stress.  And then before I could bring the continuum of destabilizing events in my life due to the Pandemic to a close, I was destined to experience five surgeries on my eyes between January 2023 and March 2023 before I could at last initiate my first printing project with my new Epson printer.   (I have written a detailed account about all this in my Introduction to the Pandemic Inkjet Prints blog project.)

*

After I purchased my new Epson 6000P printer and it was finally delivered, and I at last got the printer and a new computer talking to each other and ready to make prints (and all of that time my eyes were slowly healing) I reprinted the earlier versions of the Pandemic Inkjet Prints, which had suffered from poor inks I tried using since the Epson inks I needed were unavailable.   @@ All the 25 images you will be seeing here are the new prints made @new printer, I decided I would try printing everything I would publish on my blog for the next year to see how that goes.  

In chronological order, I have listed below the series of blog projects in which all the images published therein were based on the inkjet prints I had made of the images.


Revised May & June, 2023 
16x20"images on 18x24"paper Inkjet prints made in 2023   

Revised April, 2023    
A Photography Project about Death, Angels & the Blue Pearl
Inkjet prints made in 2023 (image sizes vary from 16x20" to 18x21"

June 6, 2023   
18x18" images on 2-x24" paper Inkjet prints made in 2023

March 1, 2024
21x18" images on 2-x24" paper Inkjet prints made in February, 2024 


The 12x12" Studies Inkjet Prints BOOKS & PROJECTS  then followed.  And throughout the time between April 2023 and the present moment I have also made a collection of LARGER inkjet prints, which I will be presenting here, below.  I love the intimacy of the smaller 12x12" inkjet prints, but some images simply do not work at that size nor in the square format.  

(Note: I also should note here that many of the 12x12" inkjet image files are large enough to make even Larger sized prints, perhaps 15x15" up to 21x21" depending on the image.)

My new printer has served me wonderfully.  It is much faster than my old Epson 7600, the new inks provide a bit more brightness in certain colors.

I have presented below my collection of LARGER inkjet prints in this blog project in three parts:  Part I includes 16x20" prints and some larger 18x21-22" prints.  Part II includes what I call the Extra Large prints (maximum hight 21" and with lengths varying to 26" long.)   And Part III includes larger sized printed images that were included in my 12x12" project Mystery.

All of the images include a tonal matte that surrounds the image.  I consider the mattes an integral part of the image.  And then each print is surrounded by an inch or more of a white paper base.  

I am very concerned that you see my blog images of the inkjet prints with the greatest possible image fidelity.  Especially if you are viewing my blog project on a laptop or desktop computer
please read the following note before scrolling through the images.   

(Note:  If you you are viewing this blog project with a laptop or desktop computer, I encourage you to click on the image once and then once again to view the images in their alternate viewing mode which presents the images suspended in black space, at their maximum sharpness and tonal richness.  Click here for a more detailed technical explanation.)



Part I
Misc. 16x20 & 18x22 on 20x24 paper base
The size of the print is indicated under each image following the title


#1 Garden pool with sculpture & coins 16x20"


#2 Hudson River (Faint photograph) 18x22"


#3 S Meadow View w ground fog 16x20"



#4 N Meadow , pond, two levels of fog 16x20"



#5 N Meadow sunset light (angelic presence) 16x20"



#6 N Meadow, pond, fog 16x20"



#7 Bleachers & round tables 18x22"



#8 View from Kilbourn Building, Milwaukee, through window & venation blinds 16x20"



#9 Symmetrical Photograph (Monk Studies fence) 18x18"



#10 Symmetrical Photograph Bedside Lamps 18x20



#11 S Meadow ground fog blue sky just before sunrise 16x20



#12 S Meadow fog pink sky 16x20"



#13 N Meadow, pond echoing cloud shapes 16x20



#14 N Pond Purple storm sky 16x20"



#15 Symmetrical Photograph Broad Brook (stone wall, butterfly, green leaf center) 16x20"



#16 Symmetrical Photograph Sunset Lake, Vt. 18x21"



#17 Symmetrical Photograph (Ryman Project) Reflection in window 18x20"


*********************

Part II
LARGER PRINT SIZES
All print sizes include the tonal matte surrounding the image
and a white paper base border adds an additional 1-2" to the size of the print

XL #1 Symmetrical Photograph Broad Brook Dark Stones 20x22"



XL #2 Symmetrical Photograph Deck table and chairs 21x23.5"



XL #3 Symmetrical Photograph Tree Branches, leaves, roof 20x22"



XL #4 Symmetrical Photograph Puddle, reflections 20x23"



XL #5 Symmetrical Photograph Leaf Shadows on Tree Truck 21x23"



XL #6 Symmetrical Photograph Inversed snow image with plant stems 21x24"



XL #7 Symmetrical Photograph Illuminated Leaves, (Field Project) 21x24"



XL #8 Symmetrical Photograph (Field Project) Leaves, blue water 21x25"



XL #9 Symmetrical Photograph Meadow transformed by fog 20x24"



XL #10 Symmetrical Photograph Creation Dissolution - Storm Over Meadow 21x26



XL #11 Symmetrical Photograph Inversed Circled Birds on Tel lines 21x21"



XL #12 Abstract Symmetrical Photograph (Pos/Neg room corner) "An Imaginary Book" 19x25"



XL #13 Symmetrical Photograph Costa Rica Sunset 20x22"



XL #14 Symmetrical Photograph Costa Rica Mangrove Forest (Transparent Veil) 20x24



XL #15 Symmetrical Photograph Broad Brook "Light" 20x20 on 24x24" paper base



XL #16 Symmetrical Photograph Broad Brook, colorful Stones, Pool 20x20 on 24x24 paper base



XL #17 Symmetrical Photograph (snow drifts) Angel of the Blue Pearl 20x22"



XL #18 Symmetrical Photograph Khidr - Green Man - 21x25" (Angel of the face)



XL #19 Symmetrical Photograph After a Rain Storm (Plant shadows on house shingles) 21x22.5"



XL #20 Symmetrical Photograph Blue Snow Sprite Silver World project 21x23"



XL #21 Symmetrical Photograph Walk in a Garden 21x25"


XL #22 Symmetrical Photograph Red Yellow Star Flowers 21x25"



XL #23 Symmetrical Photograph Meadow Fantasy with fog 21x25"



XL #24 Symmetrical Photograph Broad Brook Pool, Rocks and leaves 21x26.5"



XL #25 Symmetrical Photograph S Meadow Sky 21x25" (I Was Happy To See My Friend's Face)



XL #26 Symmetrical Photograph Tent Lights behind glass window grid 18x24"



XL #27 Symmetrical Photograph Vermont Trees 21x25"


*********************

Part III
LARGER PRINTS
which were published in the 12x12 project

Three Related 
Meadow Photographs

I made the three photographs below on three different mornings, in June and July 2023, but they seemed to insist on being presented together as a tryptic and are meant to be seen as a horizontal sequence.  All three prints are 16x20" in size.  ~  The middle image was made from inside our house looking out through our picture window; the first image on the left, and the third image on the right.  When seen in this order, the three images appear to present a chronology of the way the light and fog change from earliest in the morning to the time just before sun-rise when the low-lying bit of fog has thinned to a veil-like presence which settled on the meadow, and a sky that is just beginning to become illuminated by rising sun.  ~  The dark mats surrounding the first and third images suggests a window framing the "outside" world, witnessing a changing world of mist, mystery and slowly unfolding transforming light.  ~  (I have written about fog, which is a recurring theme in my landscape photography, in an earlier blog project: I invite you to visit this link: Death & Water : Fog, Snow, Creation-Dissolution.)


 16x20" image (left) :  North Meadow & Pond, early morning fog  

16x20" image (middle) :  South Meadow with early morning fog, viewed through our picture window

   16x20" image (right)  : South Meadow & Pond, thin layer of low lying early morning fog, 
and a sky about to become illuminated boy the rising sun  

*


16x20" image :  Back deck railing, North Meadow & Pond, snow, fog, birds flying  

This image was published in the Mystery project in its 12x12" version.  This is the
first time this image has been published on my blog as a 16x20" inkjet print.


* * *


This project was published and announced on 
my bog's Welcome Page 
February 1, 2024
Updated March 1, 2024


Related Blog Project Links

How to Best View My Online Blog Images with your desktop computer.  



Please visit the Welcome Page to my blog The Departing Landscape.  It includes the complete hyperlinked listing of my online photography projects dating from the most recent to those dating back to the 1960's.  You will also find on the Welcome Page my resume, contact information . . . and much more.