8/6/20

Intimate Space : A Collection of Photography projects


Intimate Space
A Collection of Theme-related Photography Projects 
regarding Interior Space

Introduction
The conceptual focus of this collection of blog photography projects is Intimate Space, a concept I first encountered when I read Gaston Bachelard's important book The Poetics of Space as a graduate student at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, 1969-72.  

The idea of Intimate Space has been extended throughout the whole of my Creative Process to all kinds of actual physical spaces: interior and exterior, domestic, industrial and natural landscapes, etc., however in this collection of projects the subject matter focus is primarily interior domestic spaces.  

Interior domestic space has been a constant source of subject matter for my creative process in photographic picture-making.  I have always felt, as did Bachelard, as did Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz), that "there is no place like Home;" that everything I have ever truly needed (as a photographer) exists in "my own back yard," and "every dimension of interior space that I inhabit with intimate intensity" (Bachelard) within my house, my Heart, my Soul.  "Inside" and "outside" are but reflections of each other and the divine Self.  

These ideas have become especially meaningful to me since March, 2020 when New York State shut down and ordered everyone to STAY HOME because of the Coronavirus Pandemic.  My most recent project (August 2, 2020) Returning Home : Images inspired by an escalating Pandemic  has renewed my interest in Bachelard and it was that project which has motivated me to create this theme-based collection of projects.








_______________________________________________
            STAY HOME   May 5, 2020  Pandemic Project I
           Returning Home   August 2, 2020 Pandemic Project II
          The Bird, The Angel of Tears . . . the Rain of Grace  Sept 9, 2020  Pandemic Project III
          A Walk In Twilight Garden On A September's Eve  Oct. 7, 2020Pandemic Project IV
            Snow Photographs : In Praise of Christmas Spirits  Winter 2020-21   Jan. 5, 2021   Project VII    
            Forgotten Wisdom  February 2, 2021  Pandemic Project VIII   
               The Great Wonder In Simple Things  March 1, 2021  Pandemic Project IX




This project was added to my Welcome Page
August 6, 2020


Welcome Page to The Departing Landscape website which includes the complete hyperlinked listing of my online photography projects from most recent to those dating back to the 1960's.  Here you will also find my resume, contact information . . .  and much more.